115+ Clever Cash App Card Designs to Show Your Style
We’re going a bunch of cool Cash App card designs to help you design your perfectly unique Cash Card
Have you ever wanted your cash card to be as unique and badass as you are?
With Cash App, now it can be! Whether you’re looking for the prestige of a metal card or something more playful, the choice is yours. You can make your card truly one-of-a-kind by customizing it with emojis, drawings – whatever makes it feel like you!
You can sign up for Cash App today to start designing your personalized card. But don’t worry; we’ll give you lots of Cash App card design ideas to help get your creativity flowing.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may make a commission at no cost to you. Please read my full disclosure for more info
What is the Cash App card?
The Cash App card is a Visa debit card linked to your Cash App account and is available for every Cash App user over 18. You can use it for everyday purchases like any other debit card. It has the same features as a regular debit card.
But there are a few advantages to using this card over a regular debit card…
- You can use Boosts to save money at your favorite places. For example, you can get 5% off at your grocery store, 20% off at DoorDash, $5 off at Taco Bell, etc. You can also get Bitcoin boosts if you want.
- You can round up your purchases to the next dollar and send that money to your savings account. Or invest your spare change into your choice of stock, ETF, or bitcoin with every purchase.
- Free ATM withdrawals if you get $300 (or more) in paychecks directly deposited into your Cash App account each month. (otherwise, there’s a $2.50 ATM fee).
- You can design and customize it to reflect your personality. This is what we will go through today, creating your custom Cash App card design!
Steps for designing and ordering a new Cash Card
Anyone with a Cash App account can get a free Cash Card; as long as they’re 18 years or older (kids as young as 13 can have a Cash App account as part of a family account, but they can’t have a card).
- Go to the Cash Card menu
- Select Design new card
- Choose your style – black, white, glow in the dark, chameleon metal, or black metal
- Tap on “personalize card”
- Design your card & tap “done” when you’re ready to order
- Choose a shipping speed of 7-10 business days* for free, or 2-4 business days for $15
- Confirm your mailing address
- Confirm order
- Get your personalized Cash App card in the mail and activate it
- Save money with Cash Card Boosts on everyday purchases
*Don’t worry; your Cash Card can be used as soon as you order it by adding it to Apple Pay and Google Pay or using the card details in the Cash Card tab.
Now let’s go through all of the design options.
My Cash Card design idea – my favorite quote
I wanted to take you through the Cash Card design process step-by-step, so I redesigned my Cash Card. Now, fair warning, I’m not a very creative person when it comes to design & art, so that’s why I opted for a quote. It’s my favorite from Walt Disney.
My skills (shown below) are not perfect, I had a hard time getting the letters the same size and at a 90-degree angle. I only spent 5 minutes doing it, I could have tried a lot harder to make it look better. But somehow, the fact that it’s not perfect makes me like it even more.
Let’s go through the process together…
Open the design editor when you’re ready to design your Cash Card. In the app, tap the three dots displayed on the top right corner of your Cash Card and then select “Design New Card.”
Choose the base color for your design and then select “Personalize Card.” From there, you’ll be able to design your Cash App card. You can add emojis, do some freehand drawing, or leave it blank with just your name or $Cashtag on it.
Just tap on the emoji option, select one, and then drag it to your desired spot. You can also make it bigger/smaller or rotate it by using two fingers to stretch it (just as you’d enlarge anything on your phone).
Don’t worry if you make a mistake; you can always delete your last action or start over at any time. When you like your card, just click done.
Now that you know the process, let’s get into your design options.
Base Cash App card design colors
Cash App cards come in a few different options. But you can get two colors for your first Cash Card design for free…
- White Cash App card
- Black Cash App card
- Glow in the dark Cash App card ($5 cost for the first card)
You can also reorder either of these card colors for $5 if/when you want a new design.
Upgraded Cash App card design colors
Metal cards have a little more flash than other cards, and they’re heavier, so people do notice it when you hand it over. While these cards are cool, they also cost $50 a piece, which will be deducted from your Cash App balance. You can get a…
- Chameleon metal Cash App card
- Black metal Cash App card
115+ cool Cash App card designs
It seems like a fun idea to design your own card, but a lot of people get a brain freeze when they have open options. “What do I do?” screams through their brain; they’re worried about not having any good Cash App card design ideas. But we’re here to help get your brain on the right track to designing your unique Cash App card designs!
Artistic design ideas for your Cash Card
- Tesselations (aka tiling)
- Mandalas patterns
- Zentangle patterns
- Technical line drawings
- Folk art styles
Personalized cash card designs ideas
- Your astrological sign
- Chinese zodiac signs
- Your birthday
- Your profile
- Your thumb swirl (draw freehand)
- Your favorite TV show or movie character
Fun design ideas for your Cash Card
- Tic-tac-toe board
- Checkerboard pattern
- Cross-stitch pattern
- Crazy Quilt style
Bible scripture Cash App card ideas
You’ll want to write these freehand (use a stylus to make it easier) or use the letters in the emojis section to make a sentence. Remember, you can shrink the letters down with two fingers like you’re pinching it.
- “Rejoice always” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16
- “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved – Acts 16:31
- “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.” – Colossians 3:2
- “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” – Proverbs 27:17
- “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.” – Psalms 136:1
- “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” – Psalms 56:3
- “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
- “Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.” – Proverbs 10:12
Quote ideas for your Cash Card
You can either use the emoji letters or do freehand writing. But remember to write small.
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle
- “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” -Bob Marley
- “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” -Maya Angelou
- “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – Babe Ruth
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
- “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
- “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” -Dalai Lama
- “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.” – Jim Rohn
- “Take the first step in faith…” – Martin Luther King Jr
- “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
Song lyric ideas to write on your Cash Card
Go back and play a few of your favorite songs, and listen to them carefully to find your favorite line. Or basically, take any Taylor Swift songline, haha! Here are some of the more famous song lyrics…
- “Hello darkness my old friend” – Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkle
- “I love rock n’ roll” – I Love Rock & Roll – Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
- “Let it be.” – Let it Be by The Beatles
- “Ain’t nothing but a G thang baby” – Nuthin’ But A “G” Thang by Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg
- “Hello, it’s me” – Hello by Adele
- “It wasn’t me” – It Wasn’t Me by Shaggy
- “I fell into a burning ring of fire.” – Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash
- “‘There must be some kind of way outta here” – All Along the Watchtower – Jimmy Hendrix
- “La-di-da-di, we like to party” – La Di Da Di by Slick Rick
Use emojis for your Cash Card design
Here are all the emoji options; maybe you can be clever and make a sentence…
Favorite funny movie quote
- “But did you die?” — The Hangover Part II
- “My germs!” — Scary Movie 2
- “What, like it’s hard?” — Legally Blonde
- “I’m in a glass case of emotion.” — Anchorman
- “Help me. I’m poor.” — Bridesmaids
- “Are you not entertained?” — Gladiator
- “Make that money, girl. Don’t let it make you.” — The Players Club
- “My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” — The Princess Bride
- “Say ‘what’ again. I dare you.” — Pulp Fiction
- “No touchy!” — The Emperor’s New Groove
- “This one time, at band camp…” – American Pie
- “Bye, Felica” – Friday
Freehand drawing Cash Card designs
You should grab a stylus to make it easier when you do freehand. You can draw…
- Your cute family pet
- You in anime style
- Your signature
- Your kiddos names
- Have your kids draw on it
- Your family (like the stick family car decals)
- Your bucket list possession – cars, jewelry, etc.
- A cartoon character
- A beautiful flower
- Sports team logo
- Your celebrity crush
- Solar system
- Sheet music excerpt
- Your favorite hobby
- Write out your favorite quote
Cute Cash App card designs
- Smiley faces
- You & your significant other’s initials
Foodie-themed Cash App card design ideas
- Your favorite snack
- Eggs & bacon
Travel Cash App card design ideas
- Palm trees
- Ocean waves
- Beach scene
- Sun rising or sun setting
Cash App card designs ideas for sports fans
- Favorite teams logo
- Sports equipment
- Sports team motto
- Favorite players number
- Mascot picture
Cash Card design ideas for your hobby
- Musical instrument
- Books & reading
- Working out
- Jewelry making
- Knitting, crocheting, quilting
Cash App card designs for the pet lover
- Dinosaur 🙂
Goal setting ideas for Cash Card
- You can make a picture of what you’re saving up for…
- like a vacation spot
- a new home
- a new car
- You can draw a picture of what you want your life to look like in 5-10 years
- Make a list of all the goals you want to achieve and write them down on your card.
- Make a bucket list for yourself and have it written on the card.
Cute Cash App card ideas for parents
- Your kiddo’s picture/profile
- Your baby’s birthday
- Your child’s drawing
- A picture of you as a stick family
How does the Cash App work?
Cash App is a mobile payment app owned by Square Inc. It mainly allows you to send and receive money to others and with your Cash Card, make purchases at your favorite stores.
You can also use Cash App to…
- Send a digital gift card to someone
- Get instant discounts at stores with Boosts
- Use the round-up feature to save for your goals
- File your taxes for free
- Invest in stocks or Bitcoin
- Wire money to someone
- Direct deposit your paycheck and get access to your money two days early
- Borrow up to $200 as a paycheck advance
- Access your funds at ATMs nationwide (for a $2.50 fee)
- Earn $5 each time when you refer your friends and family (and they use your sign-up link)
- Enter Cash App sweepstakes
Easy ways to earn money on Cash App
The best way to earn money on Cash App is with their referral code.
When you sign up for Cash App, you enter someone’s referral code, and then you send someone $5, and then someone sends you $5 (yes, it can be the same person that you send/receive money to/from). Do this within 14 days of signing up, and then you and the person that referred you get $5.
Now, you repeat that process, but this time you are referring others. Sometimes the referral bonuses are $5, $15, or even $30! We go into all the details on how to earn money with Cash App’s referral code here.
Again, that’s the easiest way to earn, but there are lots of other ways to earn free money on Cash App.
Card App card design FAQs
Your first black or white background card is free. You can spend $5 to get the glow in the dark card (or for additional black or white cards). The Black Metal card and the chameleon color card cost extra; right now, it’s $50 for those two options.
The card comes in their basic colors – black, white, glow-in-the-dark green, and then the metal cards come in chameleon or black.
Unfortunately, Cash App’s design tools do not permit you to attach a photo to your Cash Card. You can customize it with freehand writing or drawing, emojis, or keep the card bare – that’s all!
Yes, as with all banking, there are some fees, but it’s usually for extra services. You will pay…
– $2.50 for ATM withdrawals (free if you direct deposit $300 or more monthly)
– When you buy/sell Bitcoin
– Investing fees that are required by the SEC and FINRA
– Instant Cash Out, when you send money to your bank, is $1.75 (or free for 2-3
Yes, the glow in the dark card really glows, but since you will probably keep your card in your wallet, it won’t be exposed to much light to “charge” it up. So you’d have to leave it out somewhere so it could charge up, which doesn’t sound like a good idea.
You’ll get your Cash Card within ten business days.
No, the Cash App card only functions as a debit card anywhere that Visa is accepted.
Cash App is just like any other money transfer platform. So it’s no less safe or secure than other places. Yet, random people can message you and ask for money (which is kind of annoying). Cash App flip scams are out there, so beware. Just don’t send money to people you don’t know, and you’ll be fine.
Yes, for a small fee of $5, you can order a new color of Cash App card (black, white, or glow in the dark). Or you can pay more for the premium card colors.
You can get scammed anywhere; it all depends on your actions. Money scammers on Cash App are out there; it’s true. Just follow this one rule, and you’ll be fine – don’t send money to people you don’t know.
1. You can transfer it from your linked bank account (instant transfer or standard is 2-3 business days).
2. You can request money from others on Cash App.
3. You can direct deposit your paycheck to Cash App and get access two days earlier than a traditional bank.
4. You can sell your Bitcoin or stocks that you invested in
5. Some users have the option to deposit paper checks into their account.
The Cash App Metal Card is a special edition card made of stainless steel and has an embossed Cash App logo. You can still customize the design of this card just like you can with the basic color cards.
Cash App debit cards are issued by Sutton Bank, Member FDIC.
No, you need to be 18+ to have a Cash App card, but 13-year-olds can have a Cash App account when a family member with an account approves them as part of a family account.
At the end of the day
Cash App has revolutionized the idea of a debit card by offering users the option to customize their cards with emojis, drawings, and even a glow-in-the-dark version. With Cash App’s Boosts feature, you can also get discounts at select stores and restaurants.
Whether you’re looking for an eye-catching design or just want something simple to put in your wallet, there are plenty of options available on Cash App. So go ahead and express yourself through your own unique cash app card design!