If you need to change your negative money mindset to that focused on abundance then positive money affirmations are your secret weapon
Let’s cut to the chase, nix the BS, and get right to it (we cool?) Good.
Are you your own best cheerleader, or are you your own worst enemy? And be honest here, you’re not scoring any points lying to yourself.
Ouch. That was tough, I know, and super personal! But I’m asking you this (and in the abrupt way) because I don’t want you to think about this for forever and give a carefully cultivated answer. I want your gut reaction because that is what is true.
If you’re like most people, you’re not cheering for yourself, you’re self-talk is probably a bit harsh, a bit biased, and more than a bit hurtful. It’s time to call this for what it is. Bull shit.
Today, we will start changing that inner critic by changing our money mindset with some kick-butt positive money affirmations! These will be your secret inner cheerleader, your best friend, and the trick to turning your money mojo into the Beyonce swagger we all know and love!
After reading this, you will have a whole arsenal of positive money affirmations at your fingertips, so grab some paper and get ready to choose your top five most empowering promises! Remember, the promises we make to ourselves are the most important!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may make a commission at no cost to you. Please read my full disclosure for more info
- If you need to change your negative money mindset to that focused on abundance then positive money affirmations are your secret weapon
- Why do we need positive affirmations?
- What are money affirmations?
- How do affirmations work?
- How to use affirmations
- How to structure an affirmation
- Do Affirmations really work?
- Affirmations for manifesting money
- Money affirmations for managing your finances
- Wealth affirmations for earning money
- Financial affirmations for having enough money
- Money affirmations for how you feel about money
- Money affirmations for using your wealth
- Money Mantras
- At the end of the day
- Articles related to money affirmations:
Why do we need positive affirmations?
Let’s go back a bit to where I called your inner voice bull shit.
Yup, I said what I said (and I mean it)! In some things, you are your own worst enemy, sabotaging your progress, stealing your happiness, and derailing your focus. This is especially true with how we view our bodies, our skills as a mother, and our personal finances.
I’m not a body confidence coach nor a NY Times bestselling author on motherhood. BUT, I am dang good with money, and I am proud of that! Time after time, I see people struggle with money; I hear what they say about themselves.
“I suck at budgeting.”
“I have zero willpower with saving money.”
“I will never have enough money to quit my job and stay home with my kiddos.”
Do any of those statements sound familiar? Maybe, just a tad bit? Do you say them with a laugh? Do you know how damaging that is? Well, it is. I say this was a sad heart, as I want you to really take this in.
The things we tell ourselves repeatedly become how we actually feel about ourselves. These limiting beliefs about us and our abilities with money are dragging us down!
VeryWellMind, reports that “Negative self-talk can affect us in some pretty damaging ways. One large-scale study found that rumination and self-blame over negative events were linked to an increased risk of mental health problems.
Focusing on negative thoughts may lead to decreased motivation as well as greater feelings of helplessness. This type of critical inner dialogue has even been linked to depression,” of course it has!
They continue with, “One of the most obvious drawbacks of negative self-talk is that it’s not positive. This sounds simplistic, but research has shown that positive self-talk is a great predictor of success.”
So if something can significantly help me reach my goals (i.e., success) and it’s essentially free, then it’s a no-brainer that THIS is something you should cultivate and master! The power of positive thinking for the win!
The Mayo Clinic says, “Researchers continue to explore the effects of positive thinking and optimism on health. Health benefits that positive thinking include:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Better cardiovascular health and reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress”
Because isn’t being happier the ultimate goal for all of us? I mean true happiness, not just thrills or momentary joy, but soul-satisfying long-term happiness. I’m game for that! Affirmations for manifesting money and money mantras can play a massive role in turning your inner critic into your biggest cheerleader in helping you to reach your financial goal.
What are money affirmations?
Affirmations are simple, positive statements declaring specific goals in their completed states.
Daily affirmations are part of practicing the law of attraction, where you are putting your wishes out into the universe, willing it to come to you, sort of manifestation. To put it another way, you are attracting whatever you are focused on.
A wealth affirmation is an affirmation focused on you and money. It can be about how you handle money, the money coming into your life, the money flowing out, or what you will do with your money.
Money affirmations can play a massive part in changing your money story helping you get past your money blocks. Yet, I want to reiterate; they are a part of it, not the whole thing. You need to…
- Acknowledge your money mindset, are you focused on scarcity or that of abundance?
- Affirmations are a part of manifestation and the law of attraction. Use them together, along with actionable hard work and dedication!
- Plan to win with money! You need to set the proper stage and get your props ready!
- Create actionable SMART financial goals (this is the actual work)
How do affirmations work?
As I said above, you come to believe what you tell yourself. Now, this can take time, but consider that we’ve been telling ourselves something for decades, saying it multiple times a day to ourselves, or even just feeling it. When you look into the mirror, what do you usually say? Or when you look at your bank account balance, what is the feeling?
Affirmations work on the conscious and subconscious mind. In the beginning, we say a phrase, and it sounds silly, but we know we “should” keep on saying them, so we do. Eventually, little bits of that positive reinforcement begin to stick on a subconscious level, and they keep growing as long as we keep putting in the work. Eventually, they replace the negative thought process.
Personal development expert Jack Canfield states that positive affirmations “Helps eliminate negative and limiting beliefs and transforms your comfort zone from a limited one keeping you trapped in mediocrity to a more expanded one where anything is possible. It helps to replace your “I cant’s” with “I cans” and your fears and doubts with confidence and certainty.
It’s harnessing the power of positive energy, to get rid of any negative beliefs and cultivate a positive mindset, to then help foster positive change!
How to use affirmations
Affirmations are most effective when done consistently (daily, at a minimum) or when you are feeling a certain way (i.e., overwhelmed, depressed, stressed out, etc.). But the main point is to use an affirmation practice often and consistently.
Another personal development frontrunner, Rachel Hollis, has long touted that she writes a daily affirmation in her journal practice. Check out in the video how she uses it.
I hope you caught on to how she phrased her affirmations. “as if it had already happened.” Her book, Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be is amazing for helping you to move past the lies you’ve been telling yourself.
How to structure an affirmation
Let’s dig more into the structure of a positive affirmation so you can see exactly how it’s laid out (and get a better idea of why it’s so powerful).
- Keep it personal, as in start with an “I am”, don’t focus on anyone else. You are the only person here.
- Present tense, remember we phrase these statements as if they are true right now.
- It should be framed as a positive statement, not a negative one. So don’t say “I will stop spending money on fast food”, focus on “I am focusing my spending on healthy food that I prepare at home.” Essentially, affirm what you do want, not what you don’t want.
- Make it specific enough that you can visualize it.
- Keep it short, something that you can easily lock into your memory.
- Use feeling words, i.e., lovingly, gratefully, happily, excited, easily, confidently, joyfully, hopeful, etc.
- Say them (or write them) with feeling and confidence!
If you’re having troubling thinking of what your affirmations should focus on, then think of the negative things you tell yourself. These are limiting beliefs, aka thoughts that are holding you back. Write them down, and then write the opposite of it. Then layer in those feeling words, and make it present tense. Done!
Do Affirmations really work?
I have always said that I am an optimistic skeptic. I want to believe, but I am hesitant, and it will take time for me to come around to the idea. That sounds fair, but I know it’s holding me back. I need to be all in, and honestly, what have I (and you) got to lose? Nothing.
Let’s take a minute to hear the success stories from some of those who swear by the power of positive thought and powerful affirmations. You might say affirmations helped them with their millionaire mindset!
Oprah Winfrey – She frequently talks about the power of the law of attraction and her role in The Color Purple, and her subsequent success. She says, “The way you think creates the reality for yourself.”
Jim Carrey – He infamously wrote himself a check for $10 million and dated it five years in the future for “acting services rendered”, and he kept it in his wallet. His first breakout role was Dumb & Dumber, and he got $10 for his role in it.
Lady Gaga – She always knew she would be famous, and she would repeat it to herself, over and over for years. “You repeat it to yourself every day… And it’s not yet, it’s a lie. You’re saying a lie over and over again, and then, one day, the lie is true.”
Master List of 250+ Money Affirmations
The list gives powerful money affirmations about…
- Attracting money
- Being in control and managing your money
- Earning money
- Being mentally comfortable with having money
- Spending your money
- Money mantras
Some sentences are very similar in each category, yet it can be one word, a slight shift in tone, or meaning that makes all the difference to you and your specific need. The best thing to do is print the list, mark all that apply to you and then go through each section and narrow it down to the top 3 options. Then start repeating to yourself the phrases, and one should rise above the rest as being “more true” to you.
You don’t need to have only one for each section. Use this list to curate the most accurate representation of what you want for your financial life!
I would love to be able to say that these affirmations are from my own brain, but they’re not. Unfortunately, affirmations, unlike quotes, typically don’t come with attribution to the creator. They are just listed as-is.
Many are common, listed, and seen on many sites, and no one knows who initially said it. My utmost thanks to those who created these, and my hope in sharing is to inspire others and help them make the shifts they need to reach their goals.
Affirmations for manifesting money
- I attract money to me easily and effortlessly.
- I am a money magnet.
- I release all resistance to attracting money.
- I accept and receive unexpected money.
- I am a magnet for money. Prosperity is drawn to me.
- Money comes to me easily and effortlessly.
- Wealth constantly flows into my life.
- My finances improve beyond my dreams.
- I am attracting money at this very moment.
- I am open and receptive to all the wealth life brings me.
- I attract money happily in my life.
- I attract money beyond my wildest dreams.
- I am open to receiving money in my life.
- The more I focus on joy, the more money I will make.
- I attract money to give to others.
- Money is energy, and it flows into my life constantly.
- Money flows to me in expected and unexpected ways.
- I have the power to attract wealth and money into my life.
- Money is abundant, and I attract it naturally.
- Money is unlimited, and my prosperity is unlimited.
- Money is pouring into my life.
- An abundance of money is flowing into my life right now.
- My mind is a powerful magnet for wealth and abundance.
- Money flows to me freely as I move through this world.
- I will attain all the riches that I desire with time.
- I am on my way to becoming wealthy.
- Everything I need to build wealth is available to me right now.
- There is money all around me; I just have to grab it.
- I am a magnet that can attract money in any endeavor I undertake.
- I love attracting money.
- Money falls into my lap in miraculous ways.
- People love giving me money.
- I trust that more money is coming to me.
- I am aligned with the energy of wealth and abundance.
- I allow money to flow easily to me.
- Money is being drawn to me in every moment.
- I am so grateful for the ability to manifest money when I want it.
- I am creating an abundant future with my thoughts today.
- More money is lining up for me right this minute.
- I choose to focus on money flowing to me with ease.
- I can see examples of abundance all around.
- Money chooses me, always.
- I visualize myself having money, and I receive more money.
- Money is drawn to me, always.
- Money simply falls into my lap.
- I attract wealth to me from all directions.
- I attract massive amounts of money to me.
- I breathe in abundance.
- I allow prosperity to flow into my life.
Money affirmations for managing your finances
- I am capable of overcoming any money obstacles that stand in my way.
- I boldly conquer my money goals.
- I am the master of my wealth.
- I can handle large sums of money.
- I am an excellent money manager.
- I believe money is important.
- I know that money is freedom.
- My capacity to hold and grow money expands every day.
- I always have more money coming in than going out.
- My income is always higher than my expenses.
- I enjoy managing and investing my money.
- My finances improve beyond anything I could ever imagine.
- I am wealthy and living on my own terms.
- Money is a tool that can change my life for the better.
- I control money; money doesn’t control me.
- I am a capable person that can tackle all money obstacles.
- I have the power to be a financially successful person.
- I have the power to improve my relationship with money.
- I can find the positive in my money situation.
- I believe in my ability to use the money that comes into my life to meet my financial goals.
- It is within my power to create a successful financial future.
- With hard work, I can build the financial future that I desire.
- I have the discipline to make hard financial choices now to enjoy an easier life later on.
- I am in control of my spending.
- My debt doesn’t control me; I manage it.
- Making choices to build wealth today can allow me to create the life I desire.
- I have the ability to learn how to manage my money better.
- I am excited to keep my finances on the right path.
- My actions perpetuate a life of prosperity.
- I can track my expenses and stick to a budget.
- I can make my dreams a reality with careful budgeting.
- I am passionate about building wealth and recognize all the value that it brings to my life.
- I am capable of managing large sums of money.
- I am responsible with money and manage it wisely.
- I am successful with money.
- I am one step closer to my financial goals.
- Financial success belongs to me, and I accept it now.
- Every action I take will plant the seeds for wealth.
- I make wise financial decisions and trust my process.
- I am ready to make my financial goals and dreams a reality.
- I am excited to start and establish my money-making goals.
- I am a successful money saver.
- It’s easy for me to change my money story.
- I reclaim my money power.
- I choose to be organized and responsible with money.
- No matter how I feel or what I do, money gets to be easy.
- Being rich is a part of who I am.
- Money is a tool, and I am going to learn to use it well.
- I am in control of my financial life.
- I overcome all obstacles that lie in my way of financial success.
- I will be debt-free. I have the power to make it happen.
- My future self will thank me for saving money today.
- My savings will continue to grow, and I will be financially secure.
- I will build an emergency fund to safeguard myself.
- I enjoy the challenge of saving more money.
- Every dollar saved puts me closer to financial freedom.
Wealth affirmations for earning money
- I make money easily.
- I deserve to make more money.
- I am worthy of making more money.
- I embrace new avenues of income.
- I welcome an unlimited source of income and wealth in my life.
- I constantly attract opportunities that create more money.
- I constantly discover new sources of income.
- My income is growing higher and higher.
- I attract enough income to pay for the lifestyle I want.
- I get rich doing what I love.
- My bank account is constantly filled with money.
- There are no limits to the money I can make.
- The more fun I have, the more money I make.
- My income is constantly increasing.
- My income will exceed my expenses.
- Money is an abundant resource that I can earn.
- My income has unlimited potential.
- I accept the flow of money from multiple sources.
- My job provides the opportunity to work towards my financial goals.
- I enjoy making money and genuinely love my work.
- I can leverage my skills to bring in more money at any time.
- I believe in my ability to earn more money.
- I deserve the opportunity to earn more than I make today.
- Every day is a fresh opportunity to earn more money.
- I am capable of turning my skills and expertise into income.
- My hard work will bring me money.
- My skills and hard work bring me wealth, and I am grateful and respectful of that.
- Making money is a positive endeavor that serves me, my family, and my community.
- There are countless opportunities to make more money in my life.
- The money that I have invested will be returned to me ten-fold.
- Manifesting money is easy because I’m ready to put in the work.
- I have fun earning money.
- I am so excited about receiving more money.
- I am so grateful for the opportunity to manifest more income.
- It’s easy to make money.
- I am easily creating more money and abundance.
- Money comes to me in fun, easy and surprising ways!
- There is no limit to the amount of money I am capable of earning.
- Every dollar that flows to me now works for me, to earn more money.
Financial affirmations for having enough money
- I always have enough money.
- I believe there is enough money for everyone.
- I am financially free.
- I have more than enough money.
- Money is abundant to me.
- I always have enough money to fulfill my needs.
- The universe provides enough money for everyone.
- I can become financially free.
- Financial freedom is not just a dream; it will be my reality.
- I have enough money to enjoy my day-to-day life freely.
- I have more money than I could ever spend.
- I am what a wealthy person looks like.
- I choose to stay focused on abundance no matter what.
- I always have more than enough for everything I need.
- I am wealthy
- I can easily afford anything I want.
Money affirmations for how you feel about money
- I am grateful for money.
- I love money because money loves me.
- I am worthy of the wealth I desire.
- I release all negative energy over money.
- Money is the root of joy and comfort.
- Money and spirituality can co-exist in harmony.
- Money and love can be friends.
- I am at peace with having a lot of money.
- I am grateful for all the money I have now.
- I have a positive money mindset.
- I deserve to be rich.
- I deserve money in my life.
- I am grateful for all that money brings me.
- I let go of all my limiting beliefs around money.
- I let go of all my fears around money.
- I know anyone can be wealthy, including me.
- Every day, I choose money and wealth.
- All the money I have brings me joy.
- I am worthy of a wealthy life.
- My wealth comes from being honest and authentic in everything I do.
- If others can be wealthy, so can I.
- I deserve a prosperous life.
- I am worthy of a solid financial foundation.
- I am not poor; I am on the path to a wealthy life.
- I gracefully surrender all of my resistance to wealth.
- I am worthy of financial security and freedom.
- Financial security brings me peace.
- I am thankful for the comfort that having money can bring to me when I manage it well.
- I enjoy money.
- I am grateful for the money I already have and the money that’s on its way to me now.
- I embrace a life of abundance and positive thinking.
- I am so happy and grateful that money flows to me easily and effortlessly.
- My relationship with money gets better and better every day.
- I am worthy of money.
- It is safe to be wealthy.
- I trust money.
- I deserve to be financially rewarded.
- I choose to think only positive thoughts about money.
- I choose to feel wealthy right now.
- I am healing my relationship with money.
- Having money makes me feel calm and confident.
- I choose to believe I deserve to have plenty of money.
- Financial well-being is my new reality.
- My positive attitude is attracting money.
- I am thankful for the abundance and prosperity in my life.
- I give myself permission to prosper and build wealth and to be happy about it.
- I bless all rich, wealthy, and abundant people.
- I am grateful for the wealth that is inside of me.
- I embrace all positive associations to money, wealth, abundance, and prosperity.
Money affirmations for using your wealth
- I am generous with my money.
- I change the world with my money.
- I love to give money a good home.
- I use money to better my life and the lives of others.
- Money is my servant.
- The money I contribute always comes back to me multiplied.
- I use money to improve the lives of others.
- My money works hard for me, to make me more and more money.
- I use money to improve my life.
- Money creates a positive impact on my life and the life of others.
- The more value I contribute, the more money I will make.
- I am grateful that I can contribute my money to the economy.
- I am happy to pay my bills for all that they provide me.
- The money I spend and earn makes me happy.
- I can use money to create a better life.
- Money can expand the opportunities of my life.
- Through thoughtful generosity, more money will flow back to me.
- I have the ability to spend money on the things that matter to me most.
- I am happy when I spend my money responsibly.
- Having money opens me to opportunities and new experiences.
- I can use money to change the world for the better.
- I choose to spend my money wisely.
- Money is used to provide good things for my life and the lives of the people I love.
- As I earn money, I am equipped to give and serve generously.
- Money well-spent is a source of good and positive things.
- Because I have money, I can give and serve generously.
- I will be mindful of my wealth so that it can serve me and those around me.
- My money allows me to have a life I love.
- Every dollar I spend comes back to me multiplied.
- I love the freedom that comes with financial abundance.
- Money is good because I use it for good things.
- Being wealthy gives me the power to help countless people in this world.
- The more I give, the wealthier I become.
- People benefit from my wealth & abundance.
A mantra is very similar to an affirmation but slightly different. According to the Institute for Integrative Nutrition traditionally, “mantras are words, sounds, or invocations either in Sanskrit or any other language, that aid the individual in focusing concentration and depending meditation while also uniting them with a higher power… aim to liberate the mind from thought in order to facilitate inner peace.”
For our purposes of helping to shift our thoughts and belief system from that of a scarcity mindset to that of an abundance mindset, we will simplistically say that a money mantra is to help us focus when we are agitated or depressed or when we can’t settle our brains. These are phrased to be short, to be repeated over and over, to have a rhythm when saying them, a cadence.
- Prosperity within me, prosperity around me.
- Money is energy, so money is good.
- I am abundant, rich, wealthy, deserving, worthy.
- My life is full of wealth beyond money.
- Money is in my mind. My mind creates money.
- I will be healthy, wealthy, and happy.
- I am happy, healthy, and wealthy.
- I love money, and money loves me.
- Money comes easily, frequently, and abundantly.
- Every day, in every way, I am becoming richer and more prosperous.
- I think like a millionaire. I act like a millionaire, I feel like a millionaire, I am a millionaire.
- Abundance within me, abundance around me.
- I radiate prosperity, money, and wealth.
At the end of the day
I am a massive believer in self-development; I believe in it for everyone. Using affirmations is a free tool to help shift your money mindset and change your money story. And, remember, what you believe to be true about yourself has so much power over you, your performance, and your success, whether you believe it or not. It is a powerful tool that can be used for you or against you. It’s your choice, choose wisely, choose your happiness and change your financial situation!